Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Swimming Lessons

We had our first swimming lessons tonight and the boys both did awesome!!  I was nervous about Chayce since it was his first time in a class of any sort without me...but he did great!  I was one proud momma!!  I took a ton of video with my iPhone.  Yep, you heard that right.  I finally got an iPhone...and I'm loving it!  There are so many fun, helpful apps...really how did I go so long without one, I don't know.  The only thing I don't love about it is the bill...yeah, that part sucks, but other than that it's great!  



Ok, back to swimming lessons...I already knew Vann would do awesome.  He was practically begging me to sign them up so, he had a blast!  I envisioned Chayce either not listening to the lifeguard or running away all the time or crying and not wanting to do what she asked.  But to my surprise...he did none of those things.  He sat by the side when he was supposed to, he blew bubbles when she asked, he even went under the water during one of the songs they sang and neither of the other kids did...I was so happy!  He did bounce around a lot and one time he ventured off to spin this wheel thing that was nearby, but other than that he stayed super close. 


Here's Vann kicking and splashing...they were supposed to be doing that!

He's second from the right in the blue swim shorts.

This is little Chayce's class.  He's the one right by the lifeguard...not the one running away!

They're chasing the fish they threw...can you tell which one is Chayce...look for the skinny little arm!



Chayce is almost back to the side with his fish...he was going super fast!

Kicking while on his belly

So, those were pics from my super nice camera...seriously I need to take a class to learn how to use that thing.  I should be taking much better pictures with it, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out which setting to use to get better pics.  Oh well, a crappy pic is better than no pic at all.  And I need a better zoom...too bad Santa didn't bring me one of those...maybe next year.  


This next picture is from my iPhone...it doesn't zoom in...well if it does I don't know how to do that yet.  But anyhow, look at how different the color is...so much brighter.  


If you look close, you can see Vann floating on his belly.


We had a yummy dinner tonight.  It was a new recipe and I'll definitely be making it again.  I'll post it tomorrow when I get a chance.  Right now, I'm off to watch Revenge...it's a new episode...can't wait!  


Oh, and a quick shout out to my Grandpa...it's his birthday today!  Happy Birthday Grandpa!  Love you lots!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!