Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's Almost Time...

Day 18...today is the last day I have to turn our chicken eggs.  After I turn them tonight, the incubator will stay closed until they hatch...around day 21.  I feel a bit like I think I would've felt had I not found out the sex of all our children...ok I'm exaggerating a little, but I am nervous.  How many will hatch?  Will they all be healthy?  How many won't hatch?  What if none of them hatch?  That would mean I'm the worst mother hen ever.  I tried really hard to keep their temp and humidity at the correct levels.  I turned them 3 times a day...okay some days I only turned them twice...but in all fairness I did read a few websites that said 2 times was enough...most days though, 3 times.  I'm just dying to know how many little chicks we're going to have. Three more days...then we'll know.  Until then, I'm going to start getting their temporary home ready.  So, hopefully I'll be posting some cute pics of our chicks pecking their way out of their shells very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!