Monday, July 1, 2013

Two Steps!

Baby Ash took two steps today!!!  Chris and I worked with him all weekend on taking some steps.  He was sooo close.  He just leaned forward a bit too much, but today he figured out that he needed to stand straight up and he did it...he took two steps!!  And he did it like 5 times too!   My lil' cutie pie :)  

He had his 9 month check up on Saturday morning...even though he doesn't turn 9 months till this Friday.  He weighs 16 lbs 13 oz and is 28 inches long.  He got one shot which he was not a fan of.  The older two didn't like seeing him cry.  But once he was done I picked him up and he was all good.  He fell asleep in the car on the way home, I transferred him to his crib and he ended up sleeping another 3 hours!  He was a tired baby.  

Oh and he also has two more teeth coming in!  They're on the top by his other two teeth.  Which would explain his runny nose and his restless nights of sleep.  Speaking of sleep...remember when I told you he slept through the night?  Yeah, that was a one time deal.  He hasn't done it since.  But at least I know he can!  I'm hopeful it'll happen again one day...one day soon.  

So, I think I told you that I feed him mostly finger foods.  Anyhow, to save time I sliced up some carrots, steamed them and then froze them so, I could quick heat them up for Ash for meals.  Turns out he doesn't like them...lil' stinker will eat everything on his high chair except them.  Sometimes I'll put just carrots on there and I know he's hungry, but he won't touch them.  So, he gets them everyday.  I figure he'll learn to like them :)  Well, the other day I cooked a bag of frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.  He loves broccoli and cauliflower.  So, I put it all on his highchair.  Wouldn't ya know the lil' stinker gobbled up the carrots!  The only difference...they're crinkle cut and mine were a straight cut.  Guess I need to get more fancy with my cutting :)  

Okay, my lil' cutie pie is waking up so, I gotta go.  I'll chat with ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!