Friday, September 20, 2013

Air Vent

I think I've mentioned before how Ash loves to dig stuff out of the recycle bin in the kitchen.  Thankfully all we throw in there is paper stuff so, it's pretty harmless.  Well today he found an empty toilet paper roll and started carrying it around.  It had a small piece of toilet paper still stuck to it that he pulled off and dropped to the floor and it landed right on the air vent that just happened to be blowing cool air.  As you can imagine, this was very exciting for him.  We sat there for a long time putting this small piece of paper on the vent...it would blow up, twirl around, fall to the ground and we would do it all over again.  He would smile and try to grab it...it was cute!

Sometimes he had trouble finding it when it blew up so quickly.  It was a fast lil' flyer!

Trying to grab it.


The box of all things magic that I ordered for their magic birthday party got delivered today.  The boys spent all afternoon being magicians :)  

Vann's rocking his magician's hat while trying to figure out this puzzle.


So, I've decided to stop pumping my milk for Ash.  I was going to stop in two weeks when he turned one, but I've got a few new daycare kiddos starting next week and I think it will be way easier if that's one less thing I have to schedule into my day.  And I still have quite a bit of milk frozen so, I do plan on giving him that till it's gone.  It's such a mixture of emotions.  I really am looking forward to not pumping every day.  But every time I really think about it, I get all teary eyed.  I'm not sure if it's because Ash is growing up or if it's just the fact that I won't be providing for him in that way anymore.  I don't know.  What I do know is that my boobs hurt!  So, I've been putting cabbage leaves on them and I read that sage helps in drying up your milk...something about it has estrogen?...so, I'm trying that too and I'm still pumping a little to relieve the pressure because otherwise they'll likely explode.  I'm hoping to get some relief in a day or so...fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!