Monday, December 23, 2013

Sewing machine

Chris's mom bought me a sewing machine years ago...like 10.  I had been asking for one, why I don't remember, but she got me one and I was super happy to have it.  Well years and years went by and I've never used it.  It's kind of intimidating.  So, the poor thing has just sat in the box waiting to be loved.  Sorry Rana!  I have loaned it to my friends who know how to sew though so, it has gotten a little use.  

Well, tonight I pulled that bad boy out and got 'er running!!  It took me reading the instructions about 15 times, watching like 10 you tube videos, pausing the videos so, I could see exactly what they were doing, but I got it working correctly!  I'm pretty proud of myself.  I was feeling a bit defeated when I couldn't get the bobbin thread to come up, but I got it...yay!  

What am I gonna sew?  Ash's waterproof padded sheet thing started ripping by the corner where it goes under the mattress awhile ago.  Well it ripped like crazy when I washed his sheets today.  So, I'm going to attempt to fix it.  Chris doesn't think it'll work because it's a mesh material, but I'm gonna give it a shot.  I have to wait till tomorrow when Ash wakes up though because I put it on his bed, makes it a lot comfier for him.  I'll let ya know how it goes...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!