Thursday, April 30, 2015

Paper Mache Earth

Over the past two weeks we've been working on our Paper Mache Earth.  It really only took us three days, but with drying times and other school work it took a little longer.  We did two coats of newspaper on the balloon and then the boys painted it to look like the Earth.  Fun stuff!  


Ripping the newspaper.


Our first coat of newspaper.  I wish I would've gotten some pics of them putting it on the balloon, but we all helped out and our hands were pretty messy!  

Time to paint!  Chaycers is painting on North and South America.

Vann's painting on Africa.

Now for the oceans...Chayce said, 'I'm painting the Pacific Ocean.'  Yes you are buddy!  


I love his face when he's focused :)

Painting the water around Australia.

After this dried they flipped it over and added Antarctica to the bottom.  

Now to figure out where to put our Earth!  I should've thought about that before they painted it and flipped the balloon over so, we could hang it by the tie.  Eh too late for that now lol.  I'll figure something out.  It was a fun project that helped to reinforce the learning of the continents and oceans.  Thanks Elemental Science for the fun project idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!