Sunday, July 10, 2011

Girl's Weekend!

Well, not so much of a weekend, but a very fun girl's day!  My bff, Sam, has a cottage about an hour north of us right an a lake.  So, a couple of girls and I got to planning a girl's weekend away from everything...including the kiddos.  We all drove up there Saturday morning and all of the girls stayed the night, except me.  I don't like being away from my kids.  I know, I know, some think I'm crazy, but it's just me.  It was hard enough for me to leave for the day, but I'm so glad I did...it was a lot of fun! 

We started the day by cracking open our drink of choice and laying out in the nice hot sun.  And let me tell you...the weather was perfect!  We talked about everything under the sun...it's funny how many times the conversation turned to sex (sorry mom!).  

When it got too hot, we would jump in the lake and practice our dives and flips off this big raft thing that was attached to the bottom of the lake...you had to swim to it from the dock.  Sam is the best back diver by far.  I'm not sure who is the best flipper...I think it's safe to say none of us would win a medal for our flip!  Oh, by the way, did I mention...I got in the lake!!!  I do not like swimming in lakes...it's the underwater trees (that's what I call them) that grab at tickle your feet...can't stand them.  But it was hot...and swimming is fun so, I got over my fear and just dove in!

Sam's cottage neighbor, Bobby, has a small sail boat.  He was sailing around the lake while Carrie and I were sitting on the raft and Carrie asked him when he was gonna take us out for a ride.  So, he said I'll teach one of you how to sail and then you can take the other one out by yourselves.  I hopped on and learned how to sail the little boat.  Then, I dropped him off and picked Carrie up and we sailed around the lake a bit.  I really had no idea what I was doing...none...but figured if all else fails, we'll swim back.  We did great...except when it came to stopping.  We headed back to the dock where Bobby was standing and instead of pulling up nicely to the side of the dock...we ended up in the lily pads...oops! 

I officially fried myself from all the laying out we did...but it's nothing a little lot of aloe can't fix.  And I'm so happy I made it home just before the kids went to bed...I got to get my snuggles and kisses in...love those!

Overall a fabulous day!  Thanks Sam for inviting us up to your cottage!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!