Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pineapple Banana Bread

My kids don't like banana bread.  They'll eat it, but it's not something they scarf down and they never beg for more.  But I don't like wasting food so, I keep trying new recipes with my ripe bananas hoping I'll one day come across one they love.  Well, my friends, I think I've found a winner!!  

Pineapple Banana Bread...yum!

Pineapple Banana Bread
Adapted from a recipe on Allrecipes
  • 3 cups of flour 
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2/3 cup applesauce
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, juice and all, do not drain it
  • 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare 2 loaf pans by greasing the bottom and sides with Crisco.  Add 2 Tbsp of white sugar to each pan.  Shake till bottom and sides are covered with the sugar and dump the excess off.  

In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, soda and cinnamon.  In your mixer, mix the sugars, eggs, applesauce, oil, vanilla, pineapple and banana.  Add the dry ingredients to the mixer a little at a time.  Once everything's incorporated, pour into your prepared loaf pans.  

Bake for 60-65 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool before removing from pan.  


The kids had this for snack this morning and holy cow did they love it!  It's the first time ever that my boys asked for seconds and thirds of banana bread.  I'm so happy I found a recipe they like!

If you try it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!