Friday, September 2, 2011

My Love Affair...

with Amazon is about to become a little outta control.  Between the boys' birthdays, which are both coming up in the next couple of months, and Christmas being right around the corner...I have a feeling Amazon will be delivering boxes to my house on a regular basis. 

Up first is Chayce's birthday.  It's in two weeks.  He's obsessed with the Power Rangers.  Just today he was walking around with a glow stick saying, 'Huh, huh, hiya!'  Adorable!  So, that's the theme for his mini party, aka just the fam.  He's been talking about a Power Rangers cake for the last 3 months...so mama must deliver.  I've got a great plan in my little noggin.  Here's to hoping I can make the coolest Green Power Ranger cake ever!  

Since the boys birthdays are only 6 weeks apart, I'm throwing them a joint party this year...right in the middle.  I have mixed feelings about it, which is why I've never done it, but for whatever reason, this year we're giving it a shot.  

The theme for this party is Super Mario.  The boys love, love, love all things Mario!  If they're not playing it on their Wii or their DS, then they're acting it out or drawing it.  Seriously, they even make believe they're Mario or Luigi or Bowser in the bathtub!  So, Mario was an obvious choice for their big party.  

I've just started my brainstorming for this party and let me tell ya, I've got ideas coming out my ears!  My focus in the next couple of weeks is to turn those ideas into something fun for the kids, yet easy on the wallet.  I'm excited to see how it all turns out.

And then we have Vann's birthday.  He told me today he wants a Bowser cake for his mini party.  I'm not sure how I'm gonna pull that one off, but I'll give it a shot!  

I like to decorate cakes.  It's a fun, creative outlet for me.  I'm still a rookie though and I wish I had time to take a class to perfect my skills, but I don't.  So, through trial and error, I'm slowly figuring things out.  This weekend, I'll try to find some pics of the cakes I've made so, I can show you.  

My dilemma this time will be Chayce's lactose intolerance.  Making something yummy, yet easy to decorate with may be a challenge, but I'll figure it out.  

Okay, well enough babble about cakes.  I think this post started out about Amazon...and how much I heart it!  I ordered Chayce one of his presents today...the Power Rangers Megazord...he's gonna love it!  I also ordered some Mario figures off of ebay...I'm gonna use them for decorations at the big party.  

Okay, well I'm done for tonight!  I'm gonna go attempt to watch a movie and hope I don't fall asleep.  Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!