Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Quick Hello!

Hi there!  I feel like I've been away for so long...sorry 'bout that.


We had a great time at Legoland Discovery this past weekend!  I'm gonna post the pics tomorrow so, stay tuned for that.  One of the coolest parts was watching a movie in 4-D.  Yep, you read that right...4-D!  I'd never even heard of it before, but it was super cool.  When it rained in the movie, we got rained (misted) on...when it was windy in the movie, we got blown around...when it snowed in the movie, we got snowed on...we all loved it!  


We have what we think is a raccoon in our attic.  He's super loud and noisy.  Wakes us up at night.  So, I called a guy today to come set a trap.  We'll see in the morning if we catch him.  I tried to get Chris to just go buy a trap and do it himself...that was a no go.  The worst part about the whole thing is that once we catch him, they have to euthanize him.  Makes me sad.  I asked if they could just take him to a forest and set him free...but supposedly there's regulations or something that says they can't do that...they have to put him down.  If he wasn't so noisy and most likely ruining stuff up there, I'd just let him live there.  I hate the idea of him having to die...don't like it one bit.  


So, the boys, mainly Vann, and I started reading Magic Tree House books.  I've been looking for a series of chapter books that are age appropriate we can really get into.  And so far these are working!  We've read book #1 and just finished #27.  Why did we skip...because #27 was about Thanksgiving.  I meant to read it the week of Thanksgiving, but it didn't happen so, we started it a couple of days ago and just finished it tonight. Even little Chayce is enjoying them.  Every night before bed he asks if we're going to read the 'tree house book'.  I love that they love to read!  And another thing I love is that the books are fun yet incorporate a bit of learning.  Vann said he can't wait to go to the library and get #2...so, we'll be heading there tomorrow.  


Ok, well I need to get to bed.  I've been up late the past two nights and really need to catch up a bit on my sleep.  Hope your day was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!