Friday, June 15, 2012

Painting like Picasso

I told you yesterday how we've been learning about Picasso this month.  And the boys are loving it!  Here's the book we're reading...


It's perfect for the kids.  It gets the basics of Picasso across in a way that they can understand.  It also includes pictures of a bunch of his paintings which is great.  So, as we were reading this book, I told the boys to pick one of their favorite paintings that they would like to recreate.  They both picked 'Bather with a Beach Ball.'

I talked to them about how their paintings would not look exactly like Picasso's and that was okay.  They just needed to have fun with it.  

Here's some pics of them being little artists...



Chaycers went to town getting all the colors on his painting

I love it!

Vann took his time studying Picasso's painting


It was so fun to watch him work!


And he did such a great job!!  I love it!

After he finished his painting, he explained it to me...he was so proud!

Here's Chayce's finished painting

And here's Vann's finished painting

They both had a lot of fun which made me happy!  We'll be doing this one more time in a week or so with another one of Picasso's paintings and then we'll start learning about another artist.  Such a fun little program!  Thanks Confessions of a Homeschooler!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!