Thursday, April 25, 2013

Baby Chickens

Here are our baby chickens.  I made them a temporary home in a box with a light for heat and some food and water.  We put small rocks in the water bowl because apparently they can drown if you don't.  So, they just drink around the rocks.  They seem to like it in their box :)  The pics aren't that great because I couldn't figure out what setting to use on my camera...with the light already in their box it just wasn't working...sorry.  





The one closest to the water was taking a drink :)


The boys love watching them.  They sit by the box a lot!  We'll be taking the chicks back to the farm this weekend.  As much as I'd love to raise chickens, now's just not the time.  I'm so glad we did this and that it worked.  And now that we own an incubator, I'm sure we'll do it again someday :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!