Sunday, April 21, 2013

Baking Catastrophe

I decided to bake some zucchini bread today.  Yum, right?  Yeah that's what I thought till it turned into a ginormous mess in the kitchen!  I typically double my recipes and then freeze some of whatever I'm baking to save for later.  So, that's what I did.  Except I forgot till I already had half the ingredients in the mixer that the zucchini recipe I use is already a double batch.  So, now I have four loaves of bread...or in my case one regular loaf, one circle loaf (I only have one regular loaf pan), and two pans of mini loaves.  It was all going fine and dandy till I went to put all four pans in the oven.  As I was putting the last mini loaf pan on the lower rack it somehow jumped out of my hands and flipped upside down in the bottom of the oven.  Yes, that really happened.  There was batter everywhere!  And since the oven was preheated it was cooking very quickly on the bottom of the oven.  Ugh.  What a mess!  

I had Chayce go grab Dad because I wasn't really sure how to tackle the mess.  I quickly started scraping the cooked batter off the bottom and door of the oven, but there was just so much of it.  Chris thought it'd be best to remove the other pans, let the oven cool and then clean it up or it's likely I would've burned something on my body because that's just how graceful I am.  

And this is all happening while I'm trying to get Baby Ash down for a nap, my boobs are exploding because I need to pump, Chayce wants me to find the silly string, Vann needs ice cubes from the freezer (our ice dispenser is broken and he can't reach them), and the kitchen literally looks like someone threw zucchini batter everywhere.  Yeah, it was awesome.  

So, that my friends, is my baking catastrophe of the day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!