Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spiked Hair

The boys wanted their hair spiked today.  And not just on the top...all over!  It was pretty cute.  Their hair is getting long...about time for a trim.  

Check out those crazy spikes!



Ash wanted to get in on the fun

Chayce thinks it's hilarious when Ash 'gets' him

My sweet baby

Smiles!


We've been spending as much time as possible outside when it's nice out.  Makes it difficult with getting all our chores and school work done, but we're managing.  I'm thinking of lightening our work load up a bit in June.  I don't want to take the summer off, but I also don't want to be inside all day either.  So, my goal is to find a nice balance.  


Ash eating his first cracker...he liked it a lot!

Vann shooting some hoops.  The boys got a late Christmas present from Grandma Rana.   And it's a big hit!  I foresee a lot of basketball going on this summer!

He missed this one...


And he scores!

My cute Chaycers

Seriously...he's getting so big!  My sweet Vannipants

Cheese!

My sweet lil' baby turned 7 months old on Sunday!  He grew so much this past month.  He's crawling very well now, in fact that's the only way he moves, no more army crawling.  He's pulling up on everything in sight and he can even get back down.  Not only that, he cruises along things!  He's been a busy little baby!  He's getting much better at feeding himself small bites of food.  In fact, I just started giving him more finger foods than baby food...he likes it way better.  He had some scrambled eggs and banana this morning for breakfast and he gobbled it up!  He's still not sleeping through the night, but that's okay because I know he will one day...well he better anyhow!...and until then I'm loving all of the snuggle time I get rocking him back to sleep.    


If you look close, you can see his bottom two teeth!!

Isn't he just the cutest?!  




Our preschool theme for May is flowers and gardens this week and next.  Then the last two weeks it's bugs and butterflies.  We're going to be doing one of my favorite things...watching caterpillars turn into butterflies...I can't wait!  I'm going to start Chayce on some Kindergarten stuff this summer...I'm thinking June or July.  He's ready.  We'll still do fun crafts and projects, but I'm excited to get him going on the same workbooks and stuff that Vann got started on.  And I'm going to look to them for our theme ideas so, we can really explore what they're into...it should be fun!

One of our projects today was this Daisy Math Craft.  I cut out all the pieces of the flowers.  Then wrote a number in the yellow circles.  Then he glued the correct number of petals onto each flower.  

Little Ash in one of his favorite places to hang out...under the table :)



Vann and I finished up reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory about a week ago.  So, we rented both movies from the library to watch...'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' is the old one...the one I watched growing up.  And the new one is 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'...and I think it's a little on the creepy side, but Chris said all Tim Burton movies are like that.  After we watched both movies, I asked the boys which one they liked the best.  Chayce liked 'Willy Wonka' better.  And Vann liked them both, but he did like 'Willy Wonka' just a bit better.  

The book we're reading now is 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe'...and so far he's liking it.  I'm excited to watch the movie when we're finished with the book...I'm not sure I've seen it before.  

Okay, I'm off to bed.  I could go on and on...that's what happens when I don't blog for a long time.  Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!