Monday, February 3, 2014

Battleship

We had a pretty laid back weekend.  I took Chayce to Home Depot Saturday morning.  They have a free kids workshop the first Saturday of every month.  This weekend they got to build a small race car.  Vann had a belly ache so, he didn't come with, but I brought one home for him to build here.  He was feeling fine a few hours later...not sure what was up with the belly ache.  

Chris made his famous green chili on Super Bowl Sunday.  It was delish as usual.  But I've eaten waaayyy too much of it today.  Like way too much.  It's just sooo good!

The boys played Battleship this weekend.  I always forget we have this game.  It was over an hours worth of fun :)



Making his next move...

Punching in his coordinates...

He found a ship!



So, I'm not sure what the deal is with me and books lately.  I made a 'resolution' of sorts to read at least two books every month this year.  Well I blew that outta the water in January.  And not on purpose either.  I'm just really digging books right now.  It's kinda crazy.  I have never read so much in my life.  Weird.  I could be doing worse things I guess, right?  Chris looked at me the other day and was like 'Jenni, (it's funny that he calls me this sometimes because no one really does anymore, except back home in Iowa, anywho...) you can't just read a 300 page book in a day.'  I was like, 'Sure I can...I just did!'  I know this book craze won't last forever because my tv shows start back up again soon and then I'll have way less time to read at night.  But for now...books it is!



I read the last book of the Hunger Games trilogy...'Mockingjay' by Suzanne Collins.  It was really good!  It had a bittersweet ending.  A lot of people died and I cried a little, but it was still good. I would read this series again if I didn't have like a thousand other books I wanted to read too :)




I also started a new trilogy by Michelle Gagnon.  I read the first two books this weekend...'Don't Turn Around' and 'Don't Look Now'.  The third is not out yet so, I'll have to wait to read that one.  I was literally up until almost 3am reading the first one.  I couldn't put it down!  Have you ever read 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' series?  If not, you totally should...great books!  Well these books are similar because they're about young computer hackers and some trouble they get involved in.  It's definitely a page turner.  A lot of people died at the end of the second book so, I'm anxious to see what happens in the third.  

Speaking of books, I'm off to finish the one I started today.  Hope you had a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!