Monday, October 20, 2014

Paul Klee 'Head of a Man'

Here's another art lesson the kids did a few weeks ago.  They learned a little about Paul Klee and his painting Head of a Man Going Senile.  This was a fun lesson!  

First they drew their man and divided him into different shapes.

Then they used chalk pastels to color him in.



The chalk pastels were kinda messy with dust, but they had fun using them.  They had to rub them to make it all smooth.  


Then they cut their heads out.

Now it's time to make the background.  They smeared paint around using a plastic card which created all kinds of cool shades.


How cool are those pictures?!?!  I love them!

We had a fun, but busy weekend.  Saturday the boys each had a soccer game.  In between the games I tried to clean the house and get laundry done.  Then Sunday the boys and I all went to the mall and we finally bought a new mattress!!  I am sooo excited about it and cannot wait to sleep better...hopefully!  Then we went to a birthday party in the afternoon.  Chris made a yummy stir fry for dinner...I was grateful he cooked so I could finish up my chores.  How was your weekend?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!