Monday, November 24, 2014

End of soccer season

I gotta admit, I was a little relieved when soccer was over.  I mean it was fun, I loved watching the boys and they both enjoyed it, but it was also a lot of running here and there and everywhere.  I can't imagine how busy we'll be when all three boys have places to be...phew makes me tired just thinking about it!


Coach is handing out trophies.

Vann's turn!

Ash and Vann snuggled up watching Chayce's game...so cute!


Smile!

Chayce's soccer team...he's on the bottom right.


Getting his trophy



A few girlfriends and I did the Zombie Run put on by our park district.  It was a 2 mile run through the woods with obstacles and zombies to get past.  When I say woods...I mean woods.  No trail, just a small trampled path on uneven ground with branches and plants hitting us as we ran.  It was fun actually!  And hard...I don't run ever.  Haven't run since high school.  But I did it!!  My lungs were screaming at me about a 1/2 mile into the run so, that part wasn't fun because it hurt a lot, but I just kept on running.  My lungs were very glad when I was done, but my body could've kept going...all my working out paid off in that respect.  But if I wanted to be a runner I'd need to train just for my lungs sake.  


You'll notice we each had two red things hanging from our waists.  These were our lives.  Our mission was to run to the other base to get food and water because our base was out of both...and we had to avoid zombies on our way.  The zombies tried to take our lives as we ran past them.  At the other base they had fake bloody limbs and heads laying all over...it felt like we were in a scary movie lol.  We had to find our water and food...a water bottle and a baggie with the goods to make smores.  Then we kept on running back to our base.  They had a bonfire going with sticks so we could make our smores.  It was fun!  

Alright, that's it for October!  Onto November...yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!