Friday, April 22, 2016

Pokey eggs

My kids looove pokey eggs!  That's what we call them in our house :)  They are otherwise known as sunny side up eggs.  I wanted to share with you the easiest way to cook these yummy eggs.  Chris taught me this a few years ago...did I mention he's a pro in the kitchen?!
First, grab your eggs out of the fridge and put them on the counter by your stove.  Then put a little water in the bottom of your pan...
IMG_7998
 Cover with a lid and turn up the heat!
IMG_7999
Wait for the water to start simmering.
IMG_8001
Take the lid off and get ready to add your eggs.
IMG_8002
Crack your eggs and carefully drop them into the simmering water.  You don't want to break the yolk!
IMG_8003
Then put the lid back on, let the water come back up to a simmer and then turn the heat down just a bit...keep the water simmering though.
IMG_8004
You will have to lift the lid a few times so, the water doesn't boil over the pan.  One of these times sprinkle some salt and crack some fresh ground black pepper onto your eggs.
IMG_8005
Cook eggs till desired doneness.  You can keep them super runny, this is my oldest son's favorite way to eat them.  Or if you cook them longer they will be less runny, this is how I prefer them.
IMG_8006When your eggs are done, carefully transfer them to a plate.  I use a pancake flipper to do this.  Then enjoy!
IMG_8010
And there you have it...what I find to be the easiest way to cook pokey eggs :)  My kids ask for these almost every morning, they really do love them!  What's your favorite way to cook eggs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!