Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rainy day

We painted with apples today.  The kids enjoyed it and thankfully didn't try even once to eat the apples they were painting on.  


Vann adding the seeds to his apples.


The sky was full of dark, grey clouds this morning so, when it was time to head to soccer, I followed my instincts and brought my umbrella along.  And thank goodness I did!  It started with a drizzle, but quickly turned into a mini downpour and everyone was getting soaked, rushing to pick things up and run indoors.  There were only about 15 minutes left of class so, we all jumped in the car and headed home.  


Speaking of the weather...it stormed last night and we woke up to a very large (or ginormous as the boys would say) tree branch hanging from a tree in our front yard.  Thanks to Paul, our neighbor, for cleaning it up for us...he did it before we had a chance to.  We're so lucky to have such great neighbors!


I'm very excited for one of my favorite shows to start again tomorrow night...Rookie Blue.  Do any of you watch that show?

1 comment:

  1. We've been getting some storms here too! I love to watch them. How nice of your neighbor to clean up the mess :). Love the painting with apples idea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!