Sunday, July 31, 2011

Broccoli Salad

One of my favorite summer side dishes is broccoli salad.  It goes great with any sort of BBQ meal.  Every time I make it, I get asked for the recipe.  And every time I'm asked to bring a dish somewhere, they ask for broccoli salad.  Seriously, it's that good!  So, I'm gonna share the recipe with you.  Let me know what ya think!



Broccoli Salad
  • 6 cups chopped broccoli (3 medium sized heads of broccoli)
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (or other nut of your choice)
  • 1/3 cup bacon bits 
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
  • 1 cup Miracle Whip (don't use Mayo)
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
Mix broccoli, raisins, nuts, bacon bits and onion in your favorite salad bowl.  In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together Miracle Whip, sugar and vinegar.  Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and stir well. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!