Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sunshine

Our craft today was to make a sun.  The kids painted their sun however they wished.  I love how they all turned out completely different!  


Vann and Chayce painting their suns.



All of the kids' suns!  Top left (Nate), top right (Chayce), bottom left, (Mia) and bottom right (Vann).


Remember that phonics workbook I told you about awhile ago that Vann has been doing?  It's called Explode the Code.  Anyhow, we're both still really liking it and he's almost done with the first book.  Well, after some researching, I discovered that they also have an online program.  I thought this would be a great way to give Vann some practice working on the computer and to enhance what he's already learning in the books.  What's nice is that the program changes as he uses it to fit his needs.  If he's really excelling in an area, it'll bump him forward.  If he's struggling, it'll give him more practice with the topic he's having trouble with.  And then I can log in and check his progress.  We just started it this week and so far he's really liking it! 


Also this week, I started working with Chayce on his workbook, Get Ready for the Code.  I wasn't sure if he was ready yet, but I thought hey, let's just give it a shot and see what happens.  And I'm so happy I did!  He loves it!  And he gets all upset when it's time to put the workbook away and move onto something else.  He does need my help, of course, but once I explain the page he can do it.   Oh, and some of the pages ask you to write a letter and he can't quite do that yet, but I know it won't be long before he can!  He gets so proud of himself when he traces the letter correctly...it's so fun to watch!  


Hope you all are having a great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!