Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend Recap

Saturday...
We had a nice weekend.  I did some shopping on Saturday.  Went to Whole Foods to get little Chaycers some lactose free items.  I heart Whole Foods!  I'm lucky it's not very close or I would be broke.  They have so much fun stuff in there...but I did good and stuck with my list.  I got him some cheeses, yogurt, cream cheese, sour cream and milk.  I got him some coconut milk for something different and he loved it!  


I also went to this little teacher store that's nearby Whole Foods.  I'm not sure if I've told you all yet, but I'm going to homeschool Vann this year for Kindergarten.  We're both very excited about it!  Anyhow, I've been wanting to pick up a schedule book so, I can start planning my days out.  So, I found one I liked and then proceeded to browse the store.  I could've easily spent hundreds of dollars in that store!  There were so many workbooks and things I wanted to get, but I resisted and left spending only $13.


When I got home it was time for Chayce to take a nap so, I put him down and then Vann and I headed to Walmart for some back to school shopping.  I used to love back to school shopping!  Still do actually.  We didn't need much, but I let him pick out a few fun things.  His favorite is his Mario notebook...I think he would sleep with it if I let him!  


Sunday...
Chris's family came over for dinner on Sunday.  Chris, the grill master, cooked two chickens, some veggies, a pineapple and some yummy bread on the grill.  We also had a salad with a yummy dressing he made with yogurt, dill, lemon, garlic, blue cheese...man it was good!  He is so creative when it comes to sauces and things.  I mean I can cook, but I'm not very inventive like he is.  He can make the most delicious meal out of nothing...it's crazy!  


It was a really nice day.  Had some great conversations, the boys had a lot of fun playing with everyone and good food...can't beat it.  


How was your weekend?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!