Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Vann!!

It happened today...my little Vannipants turned the big 6!  Gosh, I really can't believe it.  I swear the past six years have flown by!  He's such an amazing little boy.  I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday.  My water broke in the middle of the night and on our way to the hospital, Chris ran every red light just to get me there quicker.  When it was time for me to push, there were like a million (maybe 8) people in the room watching the big show because it was right at 7:00am which was their shift change...I remember thinking, wow there sure are a lot of people staring at my you know what!  Good news, they all got to see my sweet little Vann being born...7:06am...that's when the magic happened.  

Baby Vann...how stinkin' cute is he?!
Me and my sweet baby boy!  

The first thing Vann wanted to do this morning was open his presents.  So, that's just what we did!

His presents!
A Sonic DS game...he loves Sonic!
Checking out his new game
I found this cool Logic Links game on Amazon.  He's into puzzles and things like that so, I knew he would like this.   
Here come the Legos!  Notice Dad in the background...he hasn't had any coffee yet...
We got him a a bunch of different Lego sets since he's so into them right now.  


After presents, we ate some breakfast.  Blueberry pancakes that for some reason I totally massacred.  I don't know what happened, but thankfully I only made a small batch cuz they were not on my side this morning.  I did manage to cook a few correctly so, the boys ate them for breakfast along with some eggs and a banana.  

Vann was anxious to get working on one of his new Lego sets.  He picked one of the Star Wars ships.  It didn't take him long till he got it all put together!




After lunch, it was cake time!  My friend Paige and her boys stopped by to pick some tables up for her son's birthday party tomorrow so, they stayed for lunch and cake.  


We're singing Happy Birthday to him!  It doesn't look like the green candles are lit, but they are.  Their flame is green and for some reason it didn't show up in the pictures.

Blow!
Love that cute smile!!
All the kiddos eating their cake.  

While the little kids were taking their naps, Vann got to work on some Legos again.  The one set we got him can build three different things, a lighthouse, a lake house with a dock, and something else.  It's kinda cool.  


Putting the lake house together.  



When we asked Vann where he wanted to eat for his birthday dinner he picked this little Chinese restaurant in downtown Bartlett.  He loves their sweet and sour chicken.  We got there about 6:30 and the boys were starving!  Thankfully I had made a reservation or we would've been waiting a while to eat.  We ordered three appetizers to start us off...edamame, pot stickers and crab rangoon...and they were gone within minutes!  The boys were hungry.  Chris and I ordered sushi and the boys ate sweet and sour chicken.  I don't think there was a piece of food left anywhere on the table.  In fact, my belly is still full from all the food I ate!  

We had a fun day!  I was kinda bummed I had to 'work' on his birthday, but I figured with it being so close to the weekend, we could celebrate a bit then too.  So, tomorrow I'm thinking we'll do something fun.  Not sure what yet, but I'll think of something.  Maybe I'll see what movies are showing...the boys think that's a fun treat!

Happy Birthday my sweet Vann!  We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!