Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Trip to the Dentist

I took the boys the the dentist the other day.  They both did fantastic!!  I was one proud mom!  Seriously, they were both rockstars through the cleanings, x-rays, everything.  I knew Vann would do great since this wasn't his first go 'round.  But Chayce, even though he was so excited, with it being his first visit I was prepared for him to not want to cooperate.  But he hopped into the chair and didn't move till she was done.  Great job boys!!

Chaycers ready to have his teeth cleaned.  They get to wear sunglasses because of the bright light the dentist uses to look at their teeth.  
Cheese!  Vann's teeth are all clean, now he's waiting to get x-rays.  

It was a really good visit and the boys did amazing, but I did have a minor meltdown as we were leaving.  Why you ask??  Well, Vann is 6 1/2 and none of his baby teeth have fallen out yet.  In fact, they're not even loose.  The front bottom two will wiggle ever so slightly, but they're nowhere near close to falling out.  Why is this a problem?  Because his adult teeth are ready to come in.  So ready, that they're poking through behind his baby teeth.  Crazy right?!  

I've never seen this before, didn't even see it on my own kid...talk about feeling like the worst mother on the planet.  I'm pretty sure I texted Chris that exact phrase at some point during the visit.  So, from the moment the dentist told me about this, I was on the verge of tears.  I held myself together for as long as I could, but the second I stepped up to the receptionist to pay that was it...the tears starting rolling down my cheeks.  I was a mess!  I blamed it on my hormones, but in all reality I probably would've cried even if I wasn't pregnant.  

After all those tears, you would've thought I'd be done.  Not even close.  When we got in the car I was a wreck!  Sobbing like a baby...no joke.  So, we just sat in the parking lot for a couple of minutes.  I called Chris and after talking things over with him, I was better.  

So, the plan now is to have two of Vann's bottom baby teeth pulled.  This is happening next week.  It will allow his adult teeth to move into their correct places.  I'm a little nervous about this...actually a lot nervous.  But I'm keeping a brave face for Vann.  I know he's gonna do great and everything will work out just fine.  I'll let ya know how things turn out after his appt next Wednesday.

Hope you guys have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!