Sunday, July 8, 2012

4th of July

We got back into town from Kansas on Tuesday night at midnight so, we spent the 4th of July in IL for the first time in years.  It was so super hot here, but we decided to check out the town carnival during the afternoon anyways.  We bought some tickets and hit the rides!  


The first ride we went on was the Himalaya.  You know the one that goes in a circle super fast forwards and then backwards with loud music??  Well apparently it's been awhile since I've been on that ride because I forgot just how fast it really goes.  I tried sending Chayce on it with Vann and his little friend by himself and thankfully the carnival guy made me ride with him.  I'm still not sure why he was allowed on the ride in the first place, but according to the height chart, he was tall enough.  Anyhow, I rode with Chayce and the whole time I was wishing the thing would just stop and we could all get off.  Vann and Jonathan were in the car behind us and they were holding on as tight as they could!  I'm sure the baby was wondering what the hell was going on too!  Speaking of that...I'm also not sure why the guy let me ride it being preggo and all.  Whatev...it's done and over with now and we all survived.


Well, after that Chayce was not very excited to ride anything else.  He was nervous it would be super fast again.  Chris and I tried telling him that the Himalaya was way faster than all the other rides, but he still wasn't so sure.  He rode on some boats and ended up doing the fun house a couple of times, but that was it.  Vann, on the other hand, was excited to ride the other rides.  Well, most of them anyways.  Needless to say we had no trouble spending all of our tickets!


The kids on the boat ride with Chayce...sadly this is the only pic I took at the carnival 


After the carnival we went over to a friends house for a BBQ.  They also have a great view of the fireworks so, we stayed up late and watched those too.  I saw some fireworks I've never seen before which was fun!  I will say the finale could have been beefed up a little, but all in all it was a good show!  

Chaycers sliding

Cute boy!



Swinging!

Showing me their glowsticks

Glowsticks are just the best!


Hope you all had a fabulous 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!