Friday, August 3, 2012

A Little Update

Gosh, another week has passed and I have yet to post.  I have such good intentions of posting more often, but time just gets away from me.  Oh well, here I am now, with an update of what's happening in our lives!

We're all really enjoying watching the Olympics.  The boys especially love cheering on the swimmers and the gymnasts.  I've been loving watching Ryan swim...he's pretty nice to look at :)  

Chayce had his last little preschool class on Tuesday.  I'm kinda glad all my running around is over for a bit. It's nice to not have anywhere to be, ya know.  Although they did really enjoy all of their activities so, I'm happy about that.  Not sure what we'll sign the boys up for in the fall, but it won't be quite as much stuff as we did this summer.  

I do have a couple of more places I want to take the boys before summer is over though.  I just wish it would cool down a bit, but if not we'll suck it up and visit the zoo anyways.  Yep, the zoo is on my list...along with Pirate's Cove, a little park district mini amusement park...another round of mini golf...and a Nascar race.  Actually we already have the Nascar race planned...September 15th is the big day...I know they'll think it's pretty cool!  And then next Wednesday we're going on vacation to visit my family in Iowa...can't wait!  So, along with all of our regular stuff, my 'get ready for baby list', and our little outings, we'll have a busy August.  

Hmmm, what else...Oh, guess what fun thing I get to do tomorrow?!?!  You're gonna be so jealous...I have to go to the hospital in the morning and do the three hour glucose test.  I'm so not looking forward to it.  I'm such a busy body so, sitting there for three straight hours is going to kill me!  On top of that, I will be starving because I can't eat from tonight till the test is over at like 11:00amish.  And I'm a snacker so, I eat every couple of hours...I'm gonna be so cranky from not being able to eat.  But it's for the baby so, I'll suck it up and get 'er done.  I'm pretty sure I'll pass it since I only failed the one hour test by one point...but we shall see.  So, that's my fun morning.  I'm gonna bring the book I'm reading so, between that and the internet on my phone I'm hoping to make the time pass quickly.  

One of the crafts the boys did this week was to make a little snake/outdoor collage.  Here's some pics...

We talked about how a snake sheds it skin so, that's what the bubble wrap is supposed to represent.  

His snake was super little...and he wanted to cover him with the stick...silly boy!  Oh and he named him...CIH...not sure why he picked those letters, but he insisted that was his name.  

Cuteness!

Vann got creative and changed the craft up all together.  He cut his snake out and had him coming out of his skin.  

Admiring his work

More cuteness!


Well, that's all I've got for now.  I'm gonna go read a little before bed.  I'm in the middle of the third Stieg Larsson book, 'The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.'  It's good.  I'm not sure what I'm gonna read when I'm done with this series.  

Hope you had a fun day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!