Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Reptile Crafts

Our theme last week was all about reptiles and since we were on vacation we didn't get to do any of the fun crafts.  So, we did two today just for fun.  One was a turtle and one was a lizard.  Here's some pics...

Chaycers was excited to paint!

This painting is serious business

Vann hard at work

Covering the edge with brown

He said, 'Look Mom!  When I mix green and white it makes light green!'

Then he mixed brown and white and got light brown...he's into mixing the colors right now.

Now he's mixing them all up


Vann's working on the turltle's shell

Cool design buddy!

Finishing up the green

After the paint dried, we made the two paper plates into turtles...so cute right?!  For whatever reason they both wanted sad turtles...not sure why, but that's why Vann's is frowning.  

We also made lizard puppets...here's Chayce's.  He especially loved the tongue :)

And here's Vann's...so creative!

I started working on Chayce's birthday invitations today.  He's gonna be 4 in a month...seriously that is just crazy!  My babies are growing up too fast.  The theme for his party is Team Umizoomi.  I'm going to try to get all the invites finished up and in the mail tomorrow.  I have lots of cutting and gluing to do.  I'll post a pic after I get them in the mail.  

Did you ever watch the show Final Witness?  I just recently started dvring it.  It's good...very sad, but good.  It's based on real life tragedies and it's told from the victim's point of view.  Like I said, I just started watching it, but the two episodes I did see I cried during both of them.  It's so shocking what some people will do...and so sad too.  When I found out it was based on a true story I was torn about whether I wanted to watch it or not.  And at the end of the first episode, I was like how in the world could someone do that...it's mind blowing.  Just doesn't make any sense.  Anyhow, I'm pretty sure the series is over now, but if you did happen to catch an episode...what did you think?  

Okay, let's talk about something happier...we have an ultrasound in a week to see the baby again!  I never had an ultrasound this late with either of my other boys, but I guess the office I go to got a new 3-d or 4-d machine and they do a special ultrasound later in the pregnancy now.  I'm excited!  We'll get to see the little boy that keeps poking me in the ribs :)  

I'm off to bed.  Sleep sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!