Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rainy Day

Today was a rainy, dreary day.  Normally on days like this I like to snuggle up with the boys and watch a movie.  But instead we decided to do a sunshine craft.  We also made boats and floated them in the kitchen sink.  I'm thinking we'll put them in the tub tonight too :)  

Chaycers lacing up the sides of his sun.


He did add a smiley face to it too, but I didn't get a pic of that. 

So, Vann has been all about using his imagination and changing the crafts up a bit.  And I love it!  I was worried he was getting too old for some of the crafts we do, but I when I asked him if he still enjoys doing them, he said 'Yes!'   

For our sun craft, he pulled out the scissors and got to work...

He added pipe cleaners...

Thinking about his next move...

Needs a couple of more holes punched out...

All done!

What else to do on a dreary day...bake!  I love to bake.  We made some yummy apple cranberry crisp and a batch of brownies.  One of my favorite things about baking is how good the house smells while it's in the oven.  Mmmm, mmmm good!

Chaycers is stirring up the brownies...they both love to help me cook and bake :)

Coating the apples with the cinnamon and sugar mixture

Vann's job was to make the oatmeal topping for the crisp

After work today, the boys and I ran to Lowe's and finally picked up the paint for the nursery.  It's about time, right??  I'm determined to get that sucker painted this weekend.  Oh, I wanted to share Chayce's birthday invite with you so, here it is...

I printed off the invite they had on NickJr.com and prettied it up a bit

I'm in love with that blue iridescent paper!  And I gotta tell ya, a Cricut is a crafty momma's best friend.  I cut all my stars and number 4's in a matter of minutes...love it!

So, that was our day in a nutshell.  How was your day?  I'm excited to snuggle up with my blanket and watch Rookie Blue...love that show!  Although I think Sam and Andy are going to get in a fight which makes me not happy, but I guess there has to be drama since it is a tv show and all.  

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!