Monday, March 18, 2013

Relaxing Saturday

We had a nice, relaxing Saturday.  Chris had to work, which was a bummer, but the boys and I got a bunch of stuff done around the house while he was gone.  We went shopping for Chayce in our bins full of clothes...and we found a lot that fit him!  He was excited.  We also went through Vann's clothes...he definitely needs some new ones.  He's a growing boy!  So, that's on my list to get done before the spring weather gets here.  Let's talk about that spring weather shall we??  It's snowing here today!!  What the hey is up with that?!  Not cool mother nature...not cool.  

We also baked a bunch of muffins.  Chayce is my little side kick in the kitchen.  He loves to help pour and stir.  And I love the company!  And for a little fun, the boys decorated small treasure chests.  






Their finished treasure chests!  Chayce's is on the left, Vann's is on the right.  

About the time Chris got home, 5ish, we were just getting ready to snuggle up with some popcorn and a movie.  We watched Karate Kid on Netflix.  Vann liked it.  Chayce spent more time jumping on Dad and giggling like crazy :)

Since we're talking about popcorn...I have a recipe I've been meaning to share with you.  It's for homemade kettle corn and it's soooo good!!  You have to try it.  In a big pot put 1/4 cup of vegetable oil and 3 popcorn kernels. Turn the heat on high, cover it and wait for the kernels to pop.  Once they pop you know your oil is hot enough.  Then add 1/4 cup of white sugar.  Shake the pot a bit.  And add 1/2 cup of kernels.  Cover again and let the magic happen!  Now here's the thing...you have to shake the pot pretty much the entire time.  I do a swirling action.  I swirl the pot on the heat, then off the heat...on the heat, then off the heat.  I keep this up till all the kernels have popped. If you don't swirl/shake it you won't get good coverage of the yummy sugary goodness and you'll likely burn it...not good.  So, just park yourself by the stove and get a little arm workout by swirling your pot...on the heat, then off the heat.  Pour popcorn into a bowl and let it cool for just a minute or else you'll burn your tongue...trust me on this.  Once it's cool enough, try not to eat the whole bowl...it's really, really good!  You can also use 1/4 brown sugar instead for more of a caramel corn.  Although we tried this once and it wasn't very caramelly...I'd definitely up it to 1/3 cup if I ever made it again.  We make this popcorn for a snack all the time...the boys and I love it!  

Here are a few baby pictures for you...

So happy in his exersaucer

I love that big smile!

Eating his fish

Checking out Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!