Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Caramel Apples

We've been making a few fun Halloween treats this week.  The boys have been begging and begging me to make caramel apples so, those were a must!  I didn't make homemade caramel...just melted some Kraft caramel squares from the store...easy peasy.  I also chopped up some chocolate chips, a Butterfinger and got some sprinkles out to make them even yummier.  

They're not very pretty, but they tasted good!  The caramel was so super sticky to your teeth though...nothing a little extra brushing can't fix :)


We also made some Nutella Banana Mummy Rolls from one of my favorite blogs...Our Best Bites.   They were fun to make, but the kids didn't love the banana in them.  I'm not a huge fan of banana in anything either, but I thought maybe the boys would like them...not so much.  

Chaycers wrapping his banana up.


Adding some eyes

Next mummy


Cute boy!

Vann's turn!



They really enjoyed making them.

Adding eyes

Here's our uncooked mummies.  I swear I clean my Silpat...but gosh, it sure looks dirty!  It's just well loved :)

And here's our cooked mummies!  One of Chayce's is trying to escape :)  
We also made a powdered sugar glaze and drizzled it on top once they weren't quite so hot.  


I also want to make some pumpkin bread...yum.  And I found a recipe for these breakfast muffins...you make corn bread muffins and add in sausage and eggs and some seasonings.  I'm gonna make a bunch and keep them in the fridge for a quick yummy breakfast.  I'll let ya know how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!