Sunday, November 3, 2013

Cedar Point

We took a quick trip to Ohio last weekend.  We drove to Laurie's house, she lives in Defiance, OH, on Friday after work and spent the night.  Then we headed up to Cedar Point the next day, late morning.  I had been checking the weather all week to see how we should dress for a day at the amusement park so, I knew it was going to be super chilly...like 40's.  What I didn't know was that it was going to be super windy with a chance of rain all day.  

We were all bundled up, long johns, several layers, hats, gloves, coats, the works.  And it wasn't really that bad.  I did feel super bad for little Ash though.  Poor thing was bundled up Christmas Story style.  But he was warm and that's all that mattered.  

When we got there, we found out the roller coasters weren't running because of the wind.  What?!  Total bummer.  I heart roller coasters...a lot.  This trip is all about the kids, but I did plan to sneak one coaster ride in.  So, we headed to the carnival type rides for the boys.  It was great because they got to ride the ones they liked over and over and over again!  I think they would've driven the bumper cars all day if we let them :)  


My sweet baby all bundled up :)



This one was fun!  The operator would take them up and then drop them all of a sudden...she did it over and over again and they loved it!






After a few hours everyone was hungry and needed a little warmth.  So, we went to Friday's for some grub.  We ended up waiting over an hour for a table and then almost another hour for our food.  They were crazy busy!  The boys were fantastic the entire time...I was one happy mama!  While we were waiting for our table, we took turns sharing stools in the bar area.  Chayce was given a Pokemon stuffed animal that someone had won...he was excited about that :)  And then as we were leaving, Chris traded Chayce's gloves with someone for their super cool gloves with glow sticks in the finger tips.  The boys were digging them!  

After Friday's we headed back to the rides.  Chris and the boys rode a few rides and then all of a sudden it started raining and hailing!  They were in line for a ride when it started and I was surprised that they let them on the ride in the crazy weather.  The rain did let up a bit, but it was late, we were all soaked so, we decided to head home.  Thankfully we all had layers on so, we just took our outer wet clothes off once we got in the car.  

I was kinda bummed that I didn't get to ride a coaster...the weather just didn't cooperate.  The wind did die down in the afternoon and the rides all opened up, but the wait time for them was 2 hours a piece.  I couldn't expect the boys to wait that long just so I could ride a coaster.  Hopefully next time we go the weather will be a little better.

The next day we hung out at Laurie's house.  The boys rode on a four wheeler with Chris...they all thought that was a lot of fun!  We chit chatted, ate some good food, and then headed back home around 3pm.  It was a really nice mini vaca!  

They made themselves right at home :)

The four wheeler is for the grandkids, which is why Chris looks so big on it.

Chris and Vann


Chris and Chayce




Tomorrow is Vann's birthday!  I made him a strawberry cake today...that's what he requested.  I can't wait to see how it tastes.  My baby is turning 8 years old!  Wow, where does the time go?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!