Thursday, February 13, 2014

Book Reviews

Here's a review of the last few books I've read...  



'Leap of Faith' by James Blair…This book is about a young girl, Leah, who escapes from her drug-filled home along with a baby.  She starts making a new life for herself and the baby, but is always thinking about the truth and how to tell it to the new people she cares for in her life.  It's a good book and I liked it even though Leah has to make to some difficult decisions that no one should ever have to make.  




'An Abundance of Katherines' by John Green…This book is about a young guy, Colin, and his journey after his breakup with his nineteenth Katherine.  It took me awhile to get into.  And even when I sorta did, I didn't like it.  I don't know if it was the writing, or the plot or what, but it just wasn't a good read.  



  

'Unraveling' by Elizabeth Norris…This book is about a young girl, Janelle, who is suddenly faced with the responsibility of saving her world after dying and being brought back to life by a classmate, Ben.  It's a science fiction book and I wasn't really sure if I was going to like it.  But I loved it!  It was really, really good.  I think it would make a great movie too.  




'Unbreakable' by Elizabeth Norris…This is the sequel to 'Unraveling'.  I loved this one too!  It's about how Janelle and Barclay, an Interverse Agent, try to stop a human-trafficking ring that is happening across several universes.  I was kinda shocked to like these books.  I didn't realize I was into sci-fi, but I guess I am :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!