Sunday, March 9, 2014

Book Reviews




Where She Went by Gayle Forman…This is a sequel to the book If I Stay.  It's about what happens to Mia and Adam after she decides to stay alive even after her immediate family is no longer here.  I liked this book.  I picked up another one of this author's books that I plan on reading as well.





'The Scorch Trials' by James Dashner…This is the second book of the Maze Runner series.  I was hoping to like it a bit more.  I mean it was okay, but not super great.  There's a lot of walking and all these crazy things happen and even though the author tried to beef it up with details and such…I don't know, I just didn't like it that much.  It didn't leave me thinking 'wow that was a good book!' (Like I felt after reading the first two books of the Divergent series.)  Also, you really have no idea who's telling the truth and who to believe and the why's behind what's really going on throughout the entire book which is a bit frustrating.  I'm hoping the third book clears everything up and things start making a little sense.  I also saw that there's a 4th book…a prequel to the first one so, I'll read that when I'm done with the 3rd book.




'The Death Cure' by James Dashner…This is the third book of the Maze Runner series.  This one was way better than the second one!  It brought everything together very well and it helped it all make sense.  I liked it a lot.  I'm going to read the prequel next…find out how things all got started.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!