Monday, March 24, 2014

Book Reviews

I haven't been reading quite as many books the past two weeks.  I'm still reading, it's just taking me a little longer to finish a book.  When my tv shows started back up I knew it would cut into my reading time and it has.  Also, I started a new workout routine last week.  I've been getting up at 5:30 in the morning, doing a 30-40 minute workout, and then showering and getting ready for my day (I did it everyday last week and this morning as well…woot!)  And getting up that early is not easy for me so, I need to make sure I get enough sleep as well.  Anyhow, long story short…I have less time at night so, I've been reading less.  I'd still like to finish a book a week, maybe even two, but probably won't be able to do three like I was.  

Here are my latest reads…


'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak…This book was really good!  I was a bit thrown off when I first started reading it because it is told by death.  Yes, death tells you the story.  And it's done really well.  It's about a little girl, Liesel, and her life in Germany during WWII.  I loved the connections she made with the people in her life.  It's a very sad, yet moving book.  You should read it.  I recently saw a commercial for the movie and I plan on seeing that at some point in the near future.  




'The Kill Order' by James Dashner…This book is the prequel to the Maze Runner series.  It was good/okay.  I keep flip flopping my opinions about this series (Maze Runner - thumbs up, Scorch Trials - thumbs down, Death Cure - thumbs up, Kill Order - thumbs sideways).  There's something about it that I don't love.  I don't know.  And this book still left a huge gap between it and the Maze Runner.  I'm sure some people loved it, but it was't my fav.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!