Friday, April 18, 2014

Overnight getaway

We went to visit our friends, Brian and Mindy, who live 3 hours south of us last weekend.  It was so nice to get away for a little bit.  No chores, errands, things I should be doing…just some beer, girly chit chat, and a big swing set for the kids to play on which kept them busy for hours.  And it happened to be super nice while we were there which was a huge plus…almost 80 degrees!  It, of course, snowed two days later.  Crazy weather.  The kids had a ball with their two girls.  All were very sad when it was time for us to head back home.  We have plans to see them again this weekend so, they are all pretty excited about that.  

They had an egg hunt for the neighbor kids. 

Vann scooping some eggs up.

Chayce's loot.

Vann and Gabriella

Ash was so funny on this slide.  He would climb up all of 1 foot...

Then turn around...

And slide down the 1 foot down.

And he'd say 'Yay!'  This picture doesn't show it, but he loved it and did it about 25 times :)     

The room we slept in had a sound machine and since Ash was in our room with us we turned it on.  I picked the ocean to listen to.  And I gotta tell ya, I loved it!  I think I'm gonna get one for the boys and maybe for our room too.  

So, I gave up on that 1000 page book, 'Infinite Jest.'  I tried to get into it, but man was it hard to read.  I wasn't excited or ever looking forward to read it so, I called it quits.  Kinda bummed about it, but I'm looking forward to starting a new trilogy.  I have the second two books already, but am next on the wait list at the library for the first one…hopefully it'll be available this weekend.  

Okay, I'm off to bed.  I was up way too late last night so, I need to catch up a bit before our semi busy weekend.  Sleep sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!