Thursday, February 25, 2016

Lego WeDo Ferris Wheel

The boys have been excited to make this ferris wheel since we first got their Lego WeDo set.  So when the day finally came they wasted no time getting down to business!

First they had to build the ferris wheel.


They do this as a team which I love.

There were lots of smiles :)
 


Time to write a program!  Chayce was up first.

Vann's making a few adjustments.

They got it spinning pretty fast!  But then they did program it to spin and stop at the correct times in order to let the passengers on or off the ride.  Pretty cool stuff!

Here's a quick clip of the ferris wheel in action.  I did not take a video of it starting and stopping, but should have.  They still have it built so maybe I will...I'll post it for ya if I do!



We're headed to visit my family in Iowa after work today.  Can't wait to see them all!!  I miss them a lot.  My Grandma and Grandpa are celebrating 65 years of marriage so we're having a family get together on Saturday.  I am so looking forward to seeing my cousins and their kiddos.  I'll take lots of pics and share them when we get back :)  Have a great rest of the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!