Monday, March 7, 2016

Simple Homemade Popcorn

My kids love popcorn!  A few years ago I discovered how simple it is to make homemade popcorn.  And I haven't bought a box of microwave popcorn since!  Not only is it super easy, it's soooo much cheaper.  I buy the ginormous jug of popcorn kernels from Costco...it's like $10.  It lasts us f.o.r.e.v.e.r!!  And we make it all the time.  Okay are you ready for this super simple recipe?!
photo-3

Easy Homemade Popcorn
  • 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
  • 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil (coconut oil works great too!)
  • 1/2 Tbsp salt
In a big pot put the oil and 3 popcorn kernels.  Turn the heat on high, cover it and wait for the kernels to pop.  This is how you know your oil is hot enough.  Then pour in the rest of the kernels and the salt.  Cover again and let the magic happen!  Now here's the thing...you have to shake the pot pretty much the entire time.  I do a swirling action.  I swirl the pot on the heat, then off the heat...on the heat, then off the heat.  I keep this up till all the kernels have popped.  It only takes a few minutes and it's so worth it.  Once your kernels have all popped, pour the popcorn into your favorite popcorn bowl and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!