Monday, March 14, 2016

Vanilla Almond Granola

I love homemade granola!  It really doesn't even compare to the store bought stuff.  But this granola...this Vanilla Almond Granola is some of the tastiest granola I've ever eaten! It's a fav of ours and I've started doubling the recipe because we love it that much.
It's great sprinkled over some Greek yogurt or if you eat dairy free like me, coconut milk yogurt is delicious too.  Fresh fruit is fantastic on top of yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, even bananas...those are my most fav on it!  The boys also love this granola as cereal with milk...sure beats the sugary junk you buy at the store.  Or just munch on it plain...that works too!
This is a double batch so, it totally fills my baking sheet!
This is a double batch so, it totally fills my baking sheet!
photo 2-2
Yummy!!









Vanilla Almond Granola
Adapted from this recipe
  • 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats 
  • 1/4 cup milled flaxseed
  • 1 cup sliced almonds
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp of salt
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1/4 tsp almond extract
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Mix oats, flaxseed, almonds, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.  Then in a smaller bowl mix the honey, oil, and extracts together well.  Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir to combine making sure all the oats get covered well.
Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with either parchment paper or a Silpat. (I love my Silpat!)  Bake in a 300 degree oven for 45 minutes.  Make sure to stir the granola every 15 minutes (I use a pancake flipper).  After you take the granola out of the oven, let it cool completely on the baking sheet before you put it into a container to store it.  This allows for it to become all nice and crunchy.  Then enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!