Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Ice Cream Social

We spent our entire weekend eating ice cream!  Okay not really, but we did have ice cream three days in a row...yes!!  

Friday after work (which was really not so much work as we spent the day at Cantigny Park), Chris wanted to go out for dinner so, we all headed up to a little pizza place in town and enjoyed some pizza and a salad.  

Then we walked to the ice cream shop and the boys gobbled up a yummy cone!





This is sooo much better than the ice cream in our freezer Mom!  After ice cream we sat outside in the back of the shop until 9:30pm chit-chatting and watching the fireflies.  The boys played with Kenny and Kayla while Chris and I chilled with Nicole.  It was just like old times when they lived next door...we miss having them as neighbors!


The next day I worked out with my trainer friend, Lindsey.  It was an outdoor group training and she kicked my booty!  I was so sore for like three days...love when that happens!  Then the boys and I headed back up to the ice cream shop for another yummy cone.  Hey it was toasty out and I was avoiding my chores lol.  A few blocks away there was an Arts in the Park event so we decided to check that out a bit.  Lots of local artists...we saw some cool stuff!
 
In the gazebo (where Chris and I got married!), the art studio had a bunch of tables set up for the kids.  The boys picked the drawing table and got right to work. 

Vann drew a robot.  

I like him!

And Chaycers drew a horse...turned out great!  Little Ash was being shy so he just watched. 


On Sunday I went to yoga at Bloom and then we hit the ice cream shop again!  Three days in a row...I think that's a record for us!  They were having an Ice Cream Social with lots of fun games and things set up.  The kids had fun hanging with Kenny and eating root beer floats...yum!  They were on special so we had to have one.  It's been a few years and they're still as yummy as I remember :)

The boys :)  

Super sized bowling!

Tackling them works too lol.

Pokemon is serious business.

Two of my loves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!