Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Letter D

We had another gorgeous day today.  Oh how I love the sun!  Can you guess what some of our letter D activities were?  Of course we had to chat about dinosaurs!  Ash loves them.  And we played dominoes, dodge ball, and danced to some music.  The big kids hopped on the computer and did some division and/or decimal work.  The math website we use is called Khan Academy...and it's free!  We've been using it for over a year now and really like it.    

Dot markers and dinosaurs...yes!

Dodge ball...it was Vann against all the other kids.  

And the little kids did win a few times!

First he built a domino tower...

He loves this stuff.

Tumble!

And then we played dominoes.  

Ash 'Is it my turn Mom?'

He did good with this game too!

So, I've been in a book slump lately.  I want to read, but the last few books I've gotten from the library have not grabbed my attention.  And I've learned when that happens, just let them go.  No sense in forcing something that just isn't happening.  Well I started a new book today, Obedience by Will Lavender, and I'm officially out of my slump!  It was a last minute grab at the library from the 'what the staff is reading' section.  And after just a half a page I was hooked!!  Love when that happens.  I can't wait to get back into it tonight.  Have you read any good books lately?  If so, comment below!  I'm always on the hunt for a great read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!