Friday, November 18, 2011

Apple Crisp

I just baked an apple crisp and oh my heavens is it delish!  I got the inspiration from Jen over at her blog.  She made an apple tart yesterday and I thought it sounded good, but since I have a butt load of oatmeal left over from my Fireball Toss game at the boys' Mario party, I figured I should find a recipe to use some of it up.  So, I poked around at allrecipes.com and found this recipe.  You have to try it!


Apple Crisp...a yummy treat!


Apple Crisp
adapted just a bit from this recipe on allrecipes.com

  • 10 cups Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and sliced
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 Tbsp flour
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Peel, core and slice your apples.  Put them in a 9 x 13 baking dish.  In a small bowl mix the white sugar, 1 Tbsp flour and cinnamon together.  Sprinkle over apples.  Toss the apples around so, they all get coated with this mixture.  Pour the water evenly over the apples.  In a medium bowl, mix the oatmeal, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and butter together.  Sprinkle evenly over the apples.  Pop in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.  Your house will smell amazing while this bakes!  This is great alone or would be super great topped with some vanilla ice cream :)  


Update...
So after it cooled a bit, Vann sat down to have a bowl and as he was eating it he said, 'Mom, I love it when you bake!'  Such a sweet boy...makes my heart smile :)  

1 comment:

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!