Tuesday, July 19, 2016

4th of July fun!

We traveled to Kansas to visit Chris's family over the 4th of July...yay!  This has become our tradition and we all look forward to it every year.  It's always a ton of fun.  Family, friends, fireworks, does it get any better?!  

The boys helping Grandma decorate the house.  

Window clings...even Molly had to get in there and help lol.


He liked it!

The boys had real fountain soda...a very special treat!  Vann and Ash got cherry rootbeer which was surprisingly yummy.  And Chayce and I got cream soda. 

I haven't had this in years!  In high school my friend Becky and I would always raid her dad's candy drawer and wash it down with a cold cream soda.  It was the best :)

Grandma also treated them to a very tasty chocolate milk shake.  I believe this may be their first milk shake ever...if not the first it's the second ha! 

Here's the restaurant we lunched at.

We spent a lot of time at Jill's pool...she's Rana's cousin's daughter...follow that? :)

And there were always other kids around which was awesome.  The boys had a blast!
I love this shot of Vann :)

Chaycers loved hanging out on the pool noodles.

Laying on the step...

Look at me Mom!

Sweetness :)

Love him!

Shopping for fireworks...

I love watching them pick out whatever they want.

And I think they love it too!


Checking out the goods.

It isn't a vacation at Grandma's without the blow up pool!

Wrapping the mortars together.  

This was about half of them.  

Watching Dad light something off.

Helping Dad put new tubes on the board.  

Chaycers and I :)

The boys all love Derek.  Which makes me happy :)

All the kiddos are excited!

The rain tried to mess up our firework action, but we didn't let it.  In between the torrential downpour the kids covered Grandma's floor with Legos. 

Cutie!

A pretty fountain.

Watching a few big uns!
I'm not sure how many times we had to bring the chairs out and back in again because of the rain, but it was a lot!

I'll post about the rest of our trip to Kansas tomorrow.  Hope you're having a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed and encouraged. I'd love to hear from you!